Our cidermakers start with true cider apples and heirloom varieties. With a focus on fruit that delivers rich, round tannins and lively acids—qualities that make fine cider stand out. The makers grind these apples into a pomace that gives juice (or must) like a grape and ferments like wine. Through careful attention and exacting skill, they make extraordinary cider that lets that fruit—and the place it was grown—shine through.
Wine Spectator reports that “there are more than 500 cider producers in the US today, but many don't have distribution outside their local area.” That's where CIDRBOX comes in: Each month we travel to the orchard of a single, distinctive American heritage cidermaker, where we pack their rare and hard-to-find cider and ship it directly to you.
“The pleasures of orchard-based cider are akin to the pleasures of a good, grower-based wine,” says Steve Wood, orchardist and Farnum Hill cidermaker. We agree. Take your time. Enjoy this cider like fine wine. Share with friends and experience everything cider can be. You'll taste the finer side of cider when you subscribe to CIDRBOX »
CIDRBOX is “the best reason to finally convert to cider” —Gear Patrol
"Take your cider love to the next level with a CIDRBOX subscription.” —Edible Brooklyn
"And as for the Cidrbox experience, I could not be happier! The ciders were packed securely, shipped promptly, presented contextually, and best all well chosen." —Along Came a Cider reviews CIDRBOX »
Each month we visit a single, distinctive American heritage orchard cidermaker and we share their cider with our subscribers. We also sit down for a tasting with the maker which we share with you at cidersessions.com
• Showcases regional, fruit-forward American heritage cider that is bottled like fine wine
• Includes tasting notes and recommended pairings
• Ships direct from the orchard and arrives around the middle of the month. Check our friendly states list to be sure we ship to you »
• Renews every month to keep your cider cellar stocked. You may cancel at any time
• Contains alcoholic cider that averages between 7 to 11% ABV. You must be at least 21 to subscribe to CIDRBOX and an adult signature is required for delivery
• Is always gluten-free
CIDRBOX is proud to support the American Farmland Trust in their mission to save the land that sustains us by protecting farmland, promoting sound farming practices and keeping farmers on the land. A donation is made to the American Farmland Trust for every CIDRBOX sold.